Winter Warning

Somebody forgot to tell mother nature that spring is here. I was actually going to run my first 5k race of 2011 on Sunday...but I opted out because it is suppose to be cold with a snow/rain mix. YUK, This is not an excuse, I will run indoors.


Found some of this information on the Cleveland Clinic site and wanted to share. 

I know our tendency in the winter is to curl up in front of the TV and wait for better weather.  But it’s a good idea to get up off the coach and get moving. That’s because there is correlation between the hours you spend in front of a screen and your risk of death or disease.

Adults who spend four hours a day on screened based entertainment had a 48 percent increased risk of death from any cause and a 125 percent increased risk of heart disease. This is compared to adults who spent less than two hours a day on screened entertainment.

Excess screen time is part of an unhealthy life style. The medicine is simple...limit your screen time and increase your exercise and other healthy behaviors. Exercise in NOT an option.

I have to get off this computer now and go rescue my kids from X-Box and save all of our lives!





Here is a way to to get you moving!






http://www.fitforcefitness.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment