GYM ETIQUETTE

Recently I was training a client at a very overcrowded gym. She kept asking me questions about proper etiquette. I have been lifting in crowded gyms since I was 16 so proper etiquette never crossed my mind. It is something that comes natural to me. But since she asked about it, I thought it would be a great blog subject.

-Don’t leave your sweat on the machines. I sweat as much as the next person but I try to wipe off any moisture I leave behind. Most gyms provide towels to help this actions take place.

-Don’t leave your plates on the bars and dumbbells off the rack. Many women are not strong enough to pull a 45 pound plate off a bar and are to embarrassed or intimidated to ask for help.

-If someone is working out close to a mirror, don’t walk in front of them.

-If someone is using a machine and they rest a couple of minutes they should let another person work in. If someone is bouncing between machines, he should clearly let another person work in. Asking a person if they are finished with a machine can clear up any confusion and is also respectful.

-Cardio machines are no different. If there is a line to use the piece of equipment do not use it for more than 20 minutes. Treadmills and elliptical trainers are the most popular and the ones that people hog for an hour or so.
There are probably a number of rules of etiquette I did not cover. If you have any others please share...




0 comments:

Post a Comment