Get Moving

I have heard every excuse in the book as to why people do not exercise. To be honest with you I have used some of these excuses myself. I am to tired, I have no time, I don't feel good...the list goes on and on. But the best excuse I heard the other day was "I need to get in shape before I can exercise." Really? Usually we start an exercise program to lose weight or to get in shape. As I was watching The Biggest Loser last night, personal trainer Bob Harper said "everyone should be able to run 1 mile". Now I know some of you hate to run so find something you do like to do. Tonight when you are sitting down to watch your favorite TV program ( my favorite is Survivor) instead of getting a bowl of popcorn or chips, get a glass of ice water and exercise during the commercials. Get the entire family involved! You can do push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks or just march in place. One of the trainers I used to work out with always told me "Living a healthy life, is not by chance, it is by choice. So make the choice tonight and exercise during the commercials, and let me know how it went.

0 comments:

Post a Comment