Finding a Personal Trainer

Just want to start by saying I ran 3 miles this morning and did not enjoy it one minute. Some days I do enjoy it, but today was difficult for some reason It's a mind over matter thing with me. I know that the benefits are so worth the 30 minutes of torture. Now that it is done I am thankful I did it. So please somebody pat me on the back! Now that I got that off my chest, I want to give you some pointers on finding a great personal trainer.

First and foremost make sure your trainer is certified and that their certification is current. You can be wasting your time if he/she is not certified. It is not enough that they had health class in high school or anatomy in college, ask for their certification. I am finding that many fitness centers hire trainers that are not certified.

If you are a woman, female trainers will be especially sensitive to female
concerns - things like hormones, menopause, motherhood, and other
age-related body changes.

Whether it's 30 minutes twice a week or 60 minutes
three times a week, this is your time! The trainer should be focused on
YOU from start to finish. Don't settle for a trainer who walks away and leaves you on a machine.
No trainer should be grabbing a meal as he/she trains you. The same
goes for taking phone calls. Unacceptable. The right trainer will give you
his undivided attention to meet your needs.

Working out can be a blast! Just be sure you choose the right personal
trainer for YOU. If you do, you'll be more likely to stick to those workouts
that will produce amazing results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment