I Wept

The other day I said that I wept while watching
Michael Moore's movie, Sicko. It is true,
that's how sad I felt.

Yes, this hard-nosed, hard-working,
hard-driving scientist, researcher and
clinician might have been seen wiping away
his tears while viewing this movie.

But a few of my loyal readers who wrote to
me may have misunderstood my comments and my
emotions. Thus, I will clarify for my loyal
and caring friends.

I was not crying just because I felt sorry
for some of the victims portrayed in the movie.
Nonetheless, there were some very sad situations
portrayed. I was not crying because Michael
Moore cleverly arranged for some high profile
Americans who could not receive certain health
care procedures in the U.S. to go to another
country, Cuba, in order to receive the medical
treatment they needed.

I was crying because I felt both sad and personally
frustrated.

The information that we need to prevent disease
and most dis-ease in this country is being
ignored by powerful corporations and government
organizations.

In America, money still talks louder than
anything else I can think of. I'm pretty sure
that most of the 435 U.S. Congressional
representatives and the 100 U.S. Senators are
not only millionaires, but also own stock in
major energy corporations, insurance companies
and powerful pharmaceutical giants.

Of course, there will be exceptions, but I am
stating what I would expect to be the rule.

For me, it is sad beyond words that America,
still the richest and most powerful nation on
earth, has 50 million people with no health or
accident insurance, no real access to health care,
or accident care for emergencies, no treatment
for serious illnesses, and no appropriate health
education to help them prevent future health
problems.

When we stop to realize the suffering that
millions and millions of our own friends and
neighbors are experiencing on a daily basis, what
could be more sad?

I may be hard-driving, but I am not hard-hearted.
My heart always goes out to our brothers and
sisters in such predicaments.

Next, I am frustrated. I have been writing and
speaking about the real, here-and-now, workable
solutions to these problems for more than two decades.
It is very frustrating to me to know that if I simply
had many millions of dollars at my disposal, I could
make a much greater impact on the suffering that is
all around us.

It is frustrating for me to know that I must continue
to fight City Hall. I must continue to expend great
effort, each and every day, to open the minds and
hearts of powerful people and organizations who are
economically and egoistically invested in a failed
medical system.

The solutions are so incredibly simple:

1) Drink alkaline and ionized water and include
as many green drinks as possible.

2) Cut back on at least half of our acid food
and liquid intake.

3) Eat two or three times more high alkaline, raw,
organic green vegetables and fruits.

4) Exercise vigorously every day.

5) Get more rest and take more vacations and
reduce stress.

6) Look for the lessons and the silver lining in
every situation and event that we think of as
"negative."

Six years ago I was asked by the Health Minister of
China what they could do to improve health care and
services in China and three years ago I was asked by
the Minister of Health in Great Britain the same question.

I shared with them two important things they could
do to improve health care in their countries - empower
the people with knowledge on how to care for their
alkaline designed body (as outlined above) and then
implement a "Prevention and Wellness Plan." Since these
countries offer a Universal Health Plan for their
citizens I suggested that they reward the Doctor for
preventing dis-ease rather then treating dis-ease.

When I was on my book tour for The pH Miracle for Weight
Loss in 2005 I had the opportunity to go to Capital
Hill and meet with Senator Orin Hatch. He also asked
me what was my wish for the American people. I talked
to him about the "New Biology" and shared with him
that the cure for disease would not be found in its
treatment but IS found in its prevention. He listened
to suggestions of allocating funds to educate and
empower each American with the knowledge of alkalizing
to prevent disease and that all dis-ease was the result
of an inverted way of living, eating and thinking.

I left that meeting hopeful that things might begin
to change.

I have been involved with several companies in
developing a "Prevention and Wellness Plan" for
their employees. This plan financially rewards
employees for exercising and eating and drinking
alkaline. The employees that are doing this
have more energy at work, feel better and feel
they are more productive. They never get sick or
at least not as often which is a BIG bonus to
the employer and to their self-insured health
plan.

One of the Companies I know of will not even hire
an employee who smokes. This fortune 500 Company
has taken a strong stand on "Prevention".

I know that the only thing in life that is constant
is change and change is taking place.

Thus, today, I feel really bad when I am reminded so
graphically about our nations's problems, especially
when they are depicted by a individual who can do that
in a dramatic and powerful manner.

Despite the fact that Michael Moore knows how to use
his craft to frame a problem and make the establishment
leaders look bad, and despite the likelihood that he
overstated this or that aspect of his film, he is
exposing a very personal and painful problem which
I see and face every day in America.

I hope that everyone will see this movie because it
will make us stop and think about these very serious
challenges that affect all of us.

If I thought that Michael Moore could create as much
potential energy by making a movie about how to change
lives and save lives through alkalizing, I'd be all
for it. But it wouldn't work that way.

We learn far more from our failures than we do from
our successes.

Whether or not you like Michael Moore, or whether or
not you go see his movie Sicko, he does us all a
favor when he points out the serious problems in our
failed medical system based upon a failed medical
theory called the germ theory.

The cure for disease will not be found in its
treatment but will be found in its prevention.

Every citizen of the world has the need and the
right to know and understand how to prevent
dis-ease and how to maintain the alkaline design
of their body to achieve outstanding health,
energy and vitality.

In love and healing light,

Robert O. Young, Ph.D., D.Sc.

Copyright © 2007 by Robert O. Young, Ph.D., D.Sc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment