Is There a Cure For Lupus?


WORLD LUPUS DAY

Today is World Lupus Day and we thought we would raise awareness of this awful disease that affects 5 million people worldwide. Chris Owen while away in Italy with his wife Huggy met a very courageous young girl named Ida who was being transformed by the pH Miracle alkaline diet and lifestyle. Ida is a stylist and art director working in Amsterdam and is now winning her 10 year battle with lupus through the ph miracle … This is her story.
index_16
Plum Blossom Foundation
My name is Ida Kolader. I’m a young woman who looks healthy on the outside, but as I have experienced now myself, one should never judge a book by its cover.
I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, in short SLE or Lupus. Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which means that the immune system over actively attacks the body’s cells and tissue, resulting in inflammation and tissue damage. From inside I have constant severe joint and muscle aches and my nerve system in my legs has been down too.
My doctors say I’m a special case, but I do not take this for flattery. It’s been a lonely road to deal with the disease and try to make people understand. Now by telling my story and giving people a chance to see and feel what it’s like to live with Lupus, I hope to be able to help others like me for whom it has been a lonely journey in the fight against Lupus too.
My goal is to raise awareness and understanding of the disease not trough the traditional means. I am very honored and thankful that I was given the opportunity to tell my story through the powerful medium of film and would like to take you along into my life for a few minutes. These minutes deeply explore the influence Lupus has on my life and the experiences that shaped me into who I am today. I strongly believe that images are more powerful than only words and hope that this film will create a better understanding for all who suffer from Lupus, and those affected by Lupus.
Ida is now at the Rancho del Sol in Valley Center, California and improving in her health, energy, and vitality.  Watch the following video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_5uDvFI-XU&feature=youtu.be

0 comments:

Post a Comment