Yearly Physical

Yesterday I had my yearly physical, always fun right? I was recently reading an article about how doctors tell you to lose weight but do not offer advice on how to do this. The article stated that two/thirds of doctors will not even discuss losing weight with you. I have to wonder if they don't have the time or if they do not know enough about weight loss to touch on the subject. How can they not be prepared for this when they deal with stuff like hemorrhoids, and toe fungus, EWE! My doctor is not one of these. She hounded me for years to lose weight and exercise. Today she gave me the, and I quote here "Everything looks perfect". I can't remember the last time someone told me I was perfect. Although I do not feel perfect yet...It certainly made my day.

Wouldn't it be great if doctors had personal trainers on their staff? (I think it would be awesome) All of the patients that need to start an exercise program could be sent to the trainer. It would be even more great if the insurance companies paid for this! It would be much cheaper for insurance companies to pay for exercise, than to pay for the side effects of obesity such as cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke...the list can go on and on.

Again my physical went really well. I discussed the aches and pains I have in my knees and feet and asked if it could be related to the cholesterol medication that I take. She told me that is definitely a side effect. She said I am on, and again I quote her "A baby dose" of cholesterol medication. She thinks the pain is from all the exercise I do such as running and bootcamps but the positives of exercise out weigh the negatives (DUH) so I will continue on.

The doctor has given me permission to go off of the cholesterol medication until May to see if I feel better. There is one condition though and it's a big one for me. I have to eliminate red meat, cheese and eggs from my diet. Eggs will not be a problem as I only eat the egg whites. Cheese will be difficult as I love cheese on my salads and I eat a lot of salads but I think I can do it. Red meat on the other hand may be impossible but I am going to give it a whirl. Already my thoughts are on Easter that is right around the corner. Everybody eats ham and eggs on Easter. Do I eat it just this one day or avoid it all together?

If you have any good recipes for dinner that don't include red meat and fat, Please send them my way.

Now I am off to my mammogram, UGh........

check out my web site

Join my face book page!





0 comments:

Post a Comment