Afraid to join a gym?

"I really want to get in shape before I go to the gym." This is what one of my clients said to me when she hired me to be her personal trainer. Plenty of people feel intimidated at the thought of joining a large gym. Walking into a huge open room with hundreds of machines is tough and even worse all the members seem to be in shape and know exactly what they are doing. It's not hard to see why so many people think they are too out of shape to join a gym.

Good news is that there are many choices as to where you workout and each gym offers a different type of atmosphere. If you tend to be intimidated by gyms, but you still want a place to workout, there are other options our there for you. All it takes is a little time and research to find the right place for you. The trick is to find one that feels welcoming to you.

I can't tell you how many times I walk into a large gym and see members working out on a machine and doing the exercise incorrect. I feel bad for them because they are trying to make a healthy life style change but have no directions. Large gyms often get your money and then turn you loose. I know lots of people who pay for a membership to these gyms and never go because they are unsure of how to work out. Don't get me wrong these gyms are great if you know what you are doing. I actually workout at a large gym because being in the atmosphere gives me the extra push I need to get a great workout.

If large gyms are not for you, below are some small gyms in the area that may help you! I am a Personal Trainer at Slim&Fit in Mayfield and also Fitness Chick in Painesville.

Slim&Fit
Concord 352-4300
Mayfield Heights 442-3348

Fitness Chick
Painesville 354-9515

0 comments:

Post a Comment