The Hidden Book

I am sitting here at Starbucks typing away on my
little Neo realizing how wonderful life is right now.
I am placing the finishing touches on my book and I
have a long list of people already interested in
purchasing it the minute it comes out. I am healthy
and happy and compared to this time last year I am
rocking and rolling.

This time last year I was exhausted and near panic.
I had given myself until October to find the answer
to my question of 'what is cancer' and more importantly
'how can I cure myself of it'. I had promised friends
and family that if I did not have my answers by October
that I would have the surgery that the doctors were
still pleading with me to have. It was a surgery that
I did not want. After all, who in their right mind
wants a partial radical mastectomy followed by chemo
and/or radiation? I was running out of time and I needed
an answer fast. I had exhausted most of my leads and was
now down to daily searching of the internet for new
blogs, press releases, anything that had to do with
cancer and its possible cure.

I was sitting in my office twirling around in my chair
like a four year old visiting her mom at the office.
I had my clown nose on. Yes, you read right. My clown
nose. It's red and is made of foam with a little slit
in it that opens up just enough for my nose. I keep it
in my desk and I pull it out and put it on whenever I
feel that I am getting too serious about the cancer.

I know, cancer is supposed to be serious, but I always
felt that I didn't need to take it too seriously.
Taking it seriously gave it more power and I didn't
want to give it any more power than it already had
over my life. So the red foam clown nose is my cloak
of invisibility. Whenever I wear it I become invisible
to the cancer and anything that had to do with it. It
keeps me safe and hidden away from the negative emails
and letters that I received every day from 'well meaning'
people who said that they were praying for me and that
God wanted me to have the surgery and God made Doctors
so that they could help people like me. I always laughed
at this notion that God created cancer just so that he
could keep the doctors busy. This was crazy talk but
I was the one wearing the clown nose!

I finished my playtime with my nose and my chair and
leaned back on my desk. I was facing my bookshelf. Now,
I have to tell you that I am quite proud of my personal
library. I believe that you can tell a lot about the
personality of someone by looking at their library or
lack of one. My library literally spoke volumes about me.
It said I was hopeful, always searching, open minded,
thoughtful and funny. It also said that I've been a
reader all my life; a propensity that I received from
my parents. If you can read and comprehend, you can
find the answers to all life's questions and teach
yourself how to do anything.

That's when I saw it. A paperback that had been slid
pretty tightly, maybe even forced into much too small
of a space, and placed upside down. I had to tilt my
head to the left in order to read its spine. The
pH Miracle by Dr. Robert O. Young and Shelley Redford
Young. I remembered this book. I bought it several years
ago looking for the secret of weight loss and had read
half way through the book and decided that the program
in the book was much too hard for someone who really was
only wanting to lose five pounds. Ultimately, never
having been known to throw away a book, I shelved it
and forgot all about it.

So here I was head tilted looking at the book. I pulled
or rather pried the book from the shelf and read the
front, The pH Miracle, Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your
Life ... hmmm, wasn't that what I had been seeking
desperately to do? Reclaim my life? I started reading
and it all came back to me. This made total sense to
me. It wasn't written by a medical doctor but by a
microbiologist and a nutritionist. These were people
who weren't looking to turn me towards more surgery or
chemo or radiation. They were just explaining to me
what cancer was and wasn't and how I could change my
body so that the 'cancer' would not be part of it any
longer.

I dove into the book and when I finally surfaced for air
I was a different person. I had the hope. I had the
courage; but most of all I had the answers. Take a
deep breath and smile. Things are only going to get
better. :)

Peace and Blessings,

Kim Tinkham
http://cancerangel.blogspot.com/

About Kim Tinkham:

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in February 2007,
just two days before my fiftieth birthday. Rather
than go the conventional route of mastectomy followed
by chemo and/or radiation I chose to seek out an
alternative way to heal my body and on November 6, 2007
was pronounced cancer free. This blog is a continuation
of research that I am currently doing regarding the
importance of eating alkaline foods and drinking
alkaline water for your overall health. For more
information regarding my upcoming book and other
resources please visit my website at www.cancerangel.com.
Peace and Blessings to you! Kim

PS To get your copy of The pH Miracle go to:
www.phmiracleliving.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment