STUPID FEAR



Fear stops me from doing many things in CrossFit. Box jumps used to be one of them. Until the day 02/20/13 that I made up my mind to do it. I walked into the gym and said I wasn’t leaving until I did it. It took some time, but I did it and never looked back.




About a month ago it happened. You should never see a hand print on a box. This is proof that the shin and the wood collided, while a hand tried to break the blow. Yep, this is what I had feared. It was in an afternoon class, on the 8th jump of 10 and round 3 of 4. I let my mind wander to what I was going to do after class. I was feeling confident in my jumps, and no longer focused on the task in front of me and then WHAM! I was bitched slapped by a box. It hurt, as it should.




That evening I went on-line and purchased a pair of shin skins. I could not jump again until I received them, fear would not let me. I am back in business and happy to say I have not found out yet if they really work. I try to stay focused when doing jumps or any other skill in the workout.

What does fear keep you from doing?





Come try a FREE CrossFit Class

0 comments:

Post a Comment