Why I am not a Size 4. From a size 12 Personal Trainer!

I just got done training a client at my home, after my own work out this morning. As I am doing squats and lunges with her, it crosses my mind that I have 5 more clients tonight, so I will probably get in some more squats and lunges in the very near future. Don't get me wrong I love to exercise (something is wrong with me, I know) but when you do it all day, it stands to reason I should be a size 4 not a 12. Sounds logical, doesn't it?

Sitting down reading my emails after my morning sessions,  and I receive a fitness newsletter from some spam thing I have signed up for at one time or another. I usually don't read these but this one happened to catch my attention. I wanted to share some of the tips they offered. I know most of this stuff but refreshing our memories is a good thing.

1. 80% of your weight loss results are derived from diet, and the remaining 20% from exercise,  it's very important to stick to a healthy eating plan. I guess that explains the size 12 reasoning!
2. Do not drink regular or diet soda's. On one hand you are drinking corn syrup, on the other you are drinking chemicals that cause you to crave sweets. I'm working on this, but occasionally I have a diet coke..once a month.
3. Stay away from sweet cocktail - sugar plus alcohol equals loads of unneeded calories. I really am hating the person who invented margaritas right now. I will be the first to tell you I can not resist these on the weekend, UGH!
4. Doesn't matter if it comes with red sauce or white sauce, meat or veggies, If you are trying to lose weight, you should never have a plate of pasta as the main course. I think I have this one under control.
5. Pizza has way more carbs than you need. Put the pizza toppings on a salad instead. HMM...This one is not under control, come Friday night I want to sit down with a pizza. I try to keep it at 3 pieces, instead of the 7 that I really want.
6. Fried Foods are a favorite, but will do damage that even the most intense work out won't undo. I am proud to say I don't do any fried foods. Once you quit eating these the thought of them sound gross. Wish I felt this way about margaritas and Pizza.

So I will try to keep moving forward with my own struggles. If you would like to work with me and tackle these issues together, Please contact me.




http://www.fitforcefitness.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment