A Personal Trainers Pet Peeves!!!!




I can't tell you how many times I hear from my female clients, "I want to lose fat so I will just do cardio, or I don't want to bulk up so I will just do cardio". If there is anyone out there that this has worked for, please let me know. I myself do not know a single person that this has worked for. So, I am not sure why it is so difficult to convince women to start strength training!

While cardio burns more calories than strength training during the work out, lifting weights torches more fat overall. You will burn more calories after your workout than those who skip the strength training. The more muscle you own, the more fat burned.

Lifting weights will not make you bulky. I've heard clients say that after they started lifting they grew and their jeans felt tighter. Well...that may be true but I assure you it was not because of weight lifting. Muscle squeezes the same amount of weight into less space.

Stretching before a work out. I am sure there are trainers who believe in this. I am not one of them. The best way to prepare for a work out is to warm up. A brisk walk or even jumping jacks for a few minutes will do the trick.

Protein Diets. It is true that protein aids in muscle growth, but this also requires a combination of carbs and fats. Without carbs and fat, your body will use protein for energy. You want to save the proteins for your muscles to use after strength training.

Lunges will burn fat from my hips and butt. Yep, Once I've convinced my female clients to lift weights, the above statement is the next thing I hear. You can do a thousand lunges a day and NEVER lose fat from your hips and glutes. Your body doesn't work that way. Although, I wish it did! Fat is burned from all parts of your body, you can't fool your body into using fat from one specific area.



http://www.fitforcefitness.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment